Can I run memgraph on Amazon Linux?

Can I run memgraph on Amazon Linux??

You can deploy Memgraph on Amazon Linux. You can download the Memgraph package for Linux on Memgraph download page. If you want to deploy it with Docker or Kubernetes, here are the Deployment docs.

Memgraph also has its cloud service fully managed on AWS, and you can try the 14-day free trial version.

Hey, thanks for feedback. Which Linux package can be deployed on Amazon Linux?

Alex

As you can see on the download page, you can download the Memgraph package for Linux CentOS 7,9, Debian 10, 11 and Ubuntu 18.04, 20.04, 22.04. Here are also instructions to install with Docker and Linux machines.

Hi, sure. But there is no package for Amazon Linux!

Yes, sorry, you are right, no prebuilt package for Amazon Linux. I am sorry, but I am not that familiar with Amazon Linux. Can you install an RPM package there?

Hi, i tested centos 7 and 9 but it does not work on Amazon Linux.

Hi @Burton2020! I checked with the core team, and you are right. We would need a working build for Fedora for this to work correctly. We were planning to build it before, but have not seen that many user requests. We plan to do it and I just want to know what is the urgency on your side. Is this a blocker for you, or can you continue with Docker? Also, we can jump on a call to talk more about the use case and the urgency on your side.

Hi

Yes, we have standardised all installations on Amazon Linux AMI´s. We can not move forward until we have a working RPM for our environment.

Alex

Okay, thanks for sharing. I will catch up with the core team to see what they can do and get back to you. Meanwhile, if you haven’t, join our Discord server for faster communication :slight_smile:

Cool, will do. Thanks for all your help :slight_smile :slight_smile:
Alex

1 Like