Debian package dependency on libcurl3

I’ve installed the memgraph Debian package on Linux Mint 19.2, based on Ubuntu Bionic LTS, released 2018. The Debian package depends on libcurl3, which is available but not installed by default; rather libcurl4 is, and the system curl depends on libcurl4.

So installing memgraph entails losing curl, which is a bit of a shame, especially as the only use memgraph makes of libcurl is to upload telemetry. Any chance you could update?

1 Like

Hi jjg!

Good catch. You are 100% right. We already noticed this problem but we still build .deb package on Debian 9. Unfortunately, that won’t change in the next few days. Is it still possible for you to install the libcurl4 or use the Docker image instead? Either way, I’ll discuss with the team what we can do in the short term. Let me know about your decision.

Thank you very much for posting here!

1 Like

Installing native is fine, I don’t use curl that often and apt-get gets it back in 30 seconds if I need it …

Aha, but in general, it doesn’t make sense to reinstall every single time you need curl. I’ll post a message here as soon as we have an improvement. Thank you!

In the meantime, we’ve built a .deb package compatible with Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver). Here is the link https://memgraph.com/download/memgraph/v1.0.0/ubuntu-18.04/memgraph_1.0.0-community-1_amd64.deb. Feel free to use this one now :smiley: