Eloquent or Similar for Memgraph?

Chums! I know some would advise against this, but I have my reasons :slight_smile:

I would like to create a multi user web application using Memgraph. There are potentially tens of thousands of relationships between each user, and likely a few thousand users at a time - hence why building in graph.

But as graph is early, some of the MVC frameworks I’m familiar with (like laravel) aren’t yet build to drive graphDB.

I found an eloquent driver for Neo4J and laravel - NeoEloquent

Is there a similar for Memgraph? Or are there frameworks out there which Memgraph has already integrated with?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I would love to know the same! :slight_smile:

I am also working on a Project but without any particular framework at the moment. Usually, there must be an OGM available by Memgraph or Laravel, as far as my knowledge is concerned, Laravel offers Eloquent at the moment. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi!

Unfortunately, we don’t have a custom-built driver yet.
Because Memgraph supports the binary Bolt protocol and implements most of the openCypher query language features which are defined by Neo4j, there is a possibility that the Neo4j driver is compatible with Memgraph. I will try it out myself and report back to you.

You can find the complete list of all drivers on this documentation page.

Oooooooh! Do let me know if it tests well with the neo driver! That would be such a great hack

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to utilize NeoEloquent with Memgraph.
NeoEloquent uses the outdated NeoClient for PHP which in turn uses the HTTP protocol instead of the Bolt protocol. Memgraph currently only supports the Bolt protocol for database connections and therefore isn’t compatible with NeoEloquent.

I have added a quick start page to the documentation on how to connect to Memgraph with the new PHP Bolt driver so you can at least directly interact with the database via Cypher queries.
The team behind another Bolt compatible PHP Client mentions the feature of graph representation which they plan on adding in a later version.

We will let you know as soon as OGMs and integrations for frameworks become available.