How to compile Memgraph from source code?

Hi team,
I am wondering if it’s possible to compile memgraph from source code inside WSL2 (ubuntu 20.04)?
I can’t find any doc to describe the building requirements (environment, tool chain, deps…) any where. Could you guys help me out?

Thanks,
Leon

1 Like

Hi @xuwinrar! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

We tried to compile it on WSL, but it seems that there are some Windows-specific problems that we need to address first. You can check out the compiling guide if you want to run it on Linux natively or maybe inside a virtual machine. This guide is still a work in progress and will be worked on.

We will try to add support for WSL as soon as possible and start testing the compilation process on WSL regularly. I will update you when we make progress on this front. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@xuwinrar the same guide should work under WSL2, we just never tried it because we compile natively on Linux. We’ll try to run it under WSL2 and fix issues (I think the guide has to explain WSL2 specifics if there are some). If you have time/courage to do the same, please do, feedback on that side is welcome + we’ll improve the experience further :smiley: (experience can/should always be improved)

2 Likes

Thank you for the doc!
I will look into it and try building on WSL2. I will let you know my results.

1 Like

Thank you for the info!
Yes I will try building on my machine and let you guys know the results.

1 Like